Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Hartshorne Parish Council held at
7.00 pm on Monday, 10th January 2022 at Goseley Community Centre
Present: Councillors M Mycock (Chair), G Tubey, K Coe, D West, N Jenkinson, Cllr Landsborough, J Slawson, Cllr Stretton
Parish Clerk, A Barnes (Locum)
In attendance: County Councillor
0 members of the public
Cllr Mycock welcomed Cllrs and members of the public to the meeting.
Cllr Muller sent his apologies and forwarded a report via email, as this is the first meeting of the year there is little to report except their worries about future face to face meetings should the Covid situation escalate.
CllrJenkinson declared website 011/2022
006/2022 To confirm the minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 13th December 2021
007/2022 Recreation Grounds
RESOLVED Clerk to arrange a Recreational Working Group Meeting for 24th January 2022 7pm via zoom to discuss work that is required. Cllrs Mycock and Jenkinson to look at Goseley Changing rooms and the Clerk will email the lengthman to arrange site visit
008/2022 Clerks report and Action Log
· Clerk confirmed an email had been received from SDDC regarding the Nomination for Asset of Community Value application at Leewood Valley to confirm, there has been a slight admin error therefore the determination date has been extended slightly to February 17th, 2022.
· Clerk confirmed Zurich Insurance renewal is due at the end of January, cost is £619.10. RESOLVED All Cllrs agreed to renew insurance with Zurich
· A discussion took place regarding the state of the noticeboards in the parish. Cllr Mycock suggested one of the noticeboards be a commemoration to the Queens Jubilee. Cllrs all thought this was a good suggestion. RESOLVED Clerk to contact Bretby Parish Council to request contact details of company and arrange quotes.
· Cllr Tubey confirmed Coventry Close and Sandcliffe Road junction street signs have not been done as SDDC are awaiting quotes. RESOLVED Clerk to chase SDDC for an update.
· Cllr Jenkinson confirmed at the finance working group meeting it was recommended a laptop is purchased for the clerk at a cost of around £550 including Microsoft Office RESOLVED Cllr Coe proposed, Cllr West seconded and all other Cllrs agreed to the purchase
· All Cllrs agreed to the permanent appointment of the locum clerk
009/2022 Planning Applications
DMPN/2021/1695 Prior Notification for proposed formation of private way for agricultural use on Land at SK3320 1442, Manchester Lane, Hartshorne, Swadlincote Approved with conditions
010/2022 Highways and Public Footpaths
Cllr Jenkinson confirmed he had tidied up the new website and it is now up and running. Any input from the Cllrs please email comments. Cllr Slawson to look at the text to see if any improvements are required. Cllr Stretton suggested walking routes and footpath map in the parish. RESOLVED Clerk to look for Accessibility Statement
Potential resident has enquired about a free allotment. RESOLVED Clerk to forward information to the Chair.
Clerk and Lengthman salary
Goseley Community Centre
Hire of hall
RESOLVED All Cllrs agreed to the payments above
Clerk confirmed one of SDCVS cheques has been returned as there is not enough money in that particular account. RESOLVED that all Cllrs agreed for the Clerk to be added to online banking and be able to correspond directly with the bank.
1. 2022/23 Parish Precept Report from finance working group on 6th January 2022.
Overall the proposed income and expenditure for the financial year 2022/23 would be similar to the previous year.
RESOLVED that the precept for 2022/23 is increased by 2% to £8517
014/2022 Any other business
Cllr Coe asked if there could be anything else done for the Queens Jubilee and it was agreed this would discussed at the February meeting. RESOLVED Clerk to look for information and send to Cllrs.
015/2022 Date of Next meeting
14th February 2022 7pm at Hartshorne Cricket Club
Meeting closed at 8.03pm
Parish Council Chairman .. Date