Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Hartshorne Parish Council held at

7.00 pm on Monday, 11th July 2022 at Goseley Community Centre


Present: Councillors A Jones (Chair), P Smith, J Slawson, G Tubey, M Mycock, N Landsborough, P Redfern, N Jenkinson


Parish Clerk, A Barnes


In attendance: County Councillor Muller


1 member of the public


Cllr Jones welcomed everyone to the meeting.


097/2022            Public participation



098/2022            To receive reports from the Police Liaison Officer, County Councillors and District Council Members

County Council

Cllr Muller advised the heavy goods vehicles coming to and from Pickstocks has been reported, further information is awaited. Cllr Smith reported there was originally a gentleman’s agreement with the previous owner and required sorting

Cllr Jones reported the issues on Durham Close to Cllr Muller who has reported to Highways

Cllr Muller advised a cabinet meeting to discuss the Freeport took place last week and confirmed DCC representation will be happening alongside Leicester County Council which will be important moving forward

Cllr Muller reported the Speed indication signs preferred supplier names will be forwarded to the clerk

Cllr Smith reported there are issues with parked cars on Woodville Road which have previously moved on by enforcement.  Cllr Muller to report.


District Council


099/2022            Apologies

                           Cllr Burley

                           Cllr Coe

                           Cllr West

                           Cllr Sharland


Cllr Jones confirmed Cllr Stretton has tendered his resignation The Council would like to thank him for his work and Clerk will inform SDDC.


0100/2022          Variation to the order of business

Allotments discussed before recreation grounds

0101/2022          Declaration of members interests

0107/2022 Cllr Jenkinson website

0109/2022 SDCVS payment Cllr Jones is a trustee

0109/2022 Cllr Jones, Lansborough and Mycock payment for Goseley Community Centre


0102/2022         To confirm the minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 13th June 2022 and the extra ordinary meeting held on the 29th June 2022

RESOLVED: Minutes agreed as a true record and signed by the Chair.  All Cllrs agreed.


0103/2022          Recreation Grounds


7a Recreational Grounds – Cllr Jones reported a site meeting took place with SDDC 7th July and they would be sending a summary of the meeting, clerk advised she had sent the inspection reports.  Cllr Smith suggested the parish council request the inspection report from SDDC that takes places each month.

7b Benches – Cllr Jenkinson reported the benches would be put in place soon.

7c Noticeboards – Clerk advised she had emailed a new layout with doors at the bottom.  RESOLVED Cllrs to confirm new layout is acceptable with the clerk

7d Football pitches – Clerk confirmed Stapenhill football club has folded, Albert Village uses Sailsbury Drive and Woodville Rangers use both pitches.  RESOLVED that invoicing to be completed in September.

Clerk reported Woodville Ranges advised they have a small Minim digger that has been provided by a local business to tidy up the carpark.  However they have not been able to access a shredder which can be hired for around £160 for the day.  Would the Parish hire a unit so they can shred all the brambles?  RESOLVED all Cllrs agreed

They would recommend that some stone will also be needed to fill the large ruts in the ground where you enter the area of the car park in front of the gate.  Can this be arranged by the Parish Council?  RESOLVED all Cllrs agree and Cllr Jenkinson to ask company fitting the benches

Woodville also reporedt the goal post caps have been stolen.  RESOLVED Cllr Jenkinson to review and look for a low cost cap.

7e Trim Trail equipment – Clerk advised she would be looking for funding


0104/2022          Clerks report and Action Log

Clerk confirmed she will be updating the action log and will send to Cllrs

Clerk confirmed the following documents required reviewing Review Risk Assessment, Standing Order, Financial Regulations and Fixed Asset Register. 

Defibs Clerk confirmed pads and batteries had been ordered for the 3 machines however, there was a 12 week wait.  £410.22 for the 3.

Clerk advised there was no new update for Leewood Valley

Clerk advised there is a Parish and Town Council Liaison Forum on Tuesday 26 July 2022

Clerk advised there is a DALC Police Liaison Forum on 14th September 2022


0105/2022          Planning Applications


DMPA/2022/0818 The removal of condition no. 3 of permission ref. 9/2017/1262 (relating to the access) for the change of use of land for tourism purposes and retention of a yurt and a tipi with associated sauna and compost toilet structures with parking and hardstanding on Land at SK3221 7095, Ticknall Road, Hartshorne – no observation


DMPA/2022/0819 The removal of condition no. 6 of permission ref. 9/2015/0440 (relating to the access) for the erection of a log cabin to be used for holiday lettings on Land at SK3221 7095, Ticknall Road, Hartshorne - no observation


DMPA/2022/0925 The variation of condition 13 of permission ref. 9/2018/0377 (relating to the erection of 11 dwellings with associated garages and vehicular access) on Land Adjacent to 228 Woodville Road, Hartshorne - no observation


DMPA/2022/0837 The variation of condition no.3 of permission ref. DMPA/2019/0966 (relating to sole vehicular access) for change of use of land for tourism purposes and retention of a yurt and a tipi with associated sauna and compost toilet structures with parking and hardstanding) on Land at SK3221 7095 (Rowan Woods), Ticknall Road, Hartshorne - no observation


 Planning Decisions


DMPA/2022/0465 The erection of a single storey rear extension at 6 Brookdale Road, Hartshorne – approved


0106/2022          Highways and Public Footpaths

Clerk confirmed Cllr Burley reported she is receiving complaints about the litter in Brookdale road and has asked the lengthman to pick up.

There is graffiti in the bus shelter on Goseley Avenue  blue paint ZOCIAC with an x in the O. Cllr Burley reported the same thing to the clean team it was on the concrete panels of the fence up the public footpath to the community centre on the next panel the name Josh also with an x in the O I have told Dean the PCSO. There is also graffiti being scratched onto the wooden panels under the windows of the community centre. The police have been informed and extra patrols will be done.

Cllr Slawson reported the bad states of the pavements on Tower Road.  RESOLVED clerk to report to Cllr Muller

Cllr Tubey reported that on 6th June he drove towards Repton on Netherall Road where he saw DCC vehicles and thought the road would be repaired but nothing was done.  Cllr Tube will report back in September

Cllr Jenkinson reported the entrance to Ladyfield is badly worn and is dangerous to people walking.  RESOLVED clerk to report to Cllr Muller

Cllr Jenkinson asked all those interested in Speedwatch please give your names to Cllr Coe


0107/2022         Website and Communications

Cllr Jenkinson reported the following:

SDDC survey “Shaping the Services” has been added to the website

Community Speedwatch has been added on to the website

Sports mobile has been added

Internal audit information has been added to the website


0108/2022          Allotments

Cllr Jones reported an allotment meeting had taken place prior to the ordinary meeting with allotment holders.  Cllr Smith noted his disappointment to see the allotments so messy and proposed that an allotment committee (committee of the council)  be set up.


RESOLVED that an allotment committee to be formed with co-optees, Cllr Jones, Smith, Slawson and Redfern would be on the committee along with 2 from Hartshorne Charities including Cllr Jenkinson and 2 current allotment holders.  The meeting would require two Cllrs for it to be quorate.


It was also agreed that the allotments be tidied, installation of basic fencing and a noticeboard purchased.  Inform waiting list that there are allotments available and the site is currently being tidied up.


The clerk to contact the allotment holder and instructed rubbish cannot be brought on to site for burning as it is illegal and the site is not licensed for this use.


Cllr Redfern to request a quote from Paul for a topper to tidy the unused allotments. 


Clerk to contact allotment holders to inform them if anyone wants to have livestock on site they need to apply to the parish council for permission.


Some of the allotments should be made to half size plots.


0109/2022          Finance


July payments




Clerk and Lengthman salary



DSK Engineering

Mending of swings at Mount Road



G Turner Accountancy

Internal audit



Goseley Community Centre

Room hire July




Rent of Land – Goseley £15 & Sailsbury Drive £1




Goseley Pavillion



RESOLVED All Cllrs agreed to the payments above


Payments received


D Muller

Contribution towards line marker



Clerk confirmed the internal audit was signed off at the extra ordinary meeting and has been sent to the external auditors PKF Littlejohn.  Matters arising are being completed.  Notice of public rights dates are from 28th June until 8th August 2022.


0110/2022 Speed Indicator Device Guidance

A discussion took place regarding and SID for the parish and all Cllrs agreed they are interested in purchasing a device, 3 sites would need to be identified, what camera is preferable and the costing.  RESOLVED Cllr Smith to send Clerk information to forward to Cllrs


0111/2022 Date of Next meeting           


             12th September 2022 7pm at Goseley Community Centre


Meeting closed at 8.40pm





Parish Council Chairman……………………………………..    Date………………………….