is the old Farmhouse viewed from the South (Woodville Road) situated
in upper town Hartshorne on the corner of Woodville Road and Dinmore
grange. The present structure was built in approximately 1740 and
now rendered on the exterior. The original foundations are stone
and probably date back to a 14th Century timber frame building.
It was the major farm
in upper town Hartshorne when it was built.
is of brick skin construction with oak timbering inside. The oak
beam above the breakfast room fireplace is particularly spectacular
being 18 inches deep at the centre and over 20 feet long.
property has two brick built cellars. In these cellars there are
'Thrawls' where pig meat was kept salted and hooks in the ceiling
where meat would hang.
Attached to the rear of the farm house is a timber framed barn,
now converted into an annex. One bay of this barn (there are 4 remaining
now) was demolished off the end to allow room for new development
in Dinmore Grange.
house and barn are all that is left of Dinmore farm. The buildings
and 2nd barn were demolished to make way for the Dinmore Grange
development after a fire in the farm yard in 1997.
property has been renovated and refurbished.